Our Typical Day
- 7:30 arrival
- 8:30-9:15 snack & discussion time, washroom routine
- 9:15-9:30 dressing for outdoors, safety check
- 9:30-11:30 morning adventure (Forest, brook, stream, garden for preschoolers… the play ground for our little seedlings. We set out to our destination to explore, play make-believe, do art, make music, dance and sing, read stories, run and jump, collect stuff, learn practical skills, look for wildlife, scoop and pour, build, play games etc.)
- 11:30-12:00 return to centre, share stories, washroom routine
- 12:00-12:45 lunch
- 12:45-2:30 nap time, quiet activities for non-nappers
- 2:30-3:00 snack & discussion time, washroom routine, safety check
- 3:00-4:30 afternoon exploration (We set out on another adventure where we continue to have fun and learn—possibly dancing, drumming and singing, to build shelter, map with earth, sticks, stones, collect bouquet of wild flowers, make ropes from bark, swing like monkeys from ropes, make nets like spiders, hide like fawns, tend garden)
- 4:30-5:00 return to centre, free play, departure
Forest Program Families – Drop off and pick ups must be done while class is at the centre, as the group may be out exploring away from the designated forest class room site. In the event that child has an appointment during these times contact the centre to advise.
In the event of extreme weather conditions activities will take place at the centre.